Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Purse Frame Class and Bag of the Month

Over at CreativeBug, they're having a Bag of The Month year, with new bag classes every month. February sees my "Snap Clasp Purse" class ready to go.
 
 
I'm a bit concerned that the official image only gives a top-down view, when the purse is actually a bit more triangular than that.
 
 

 

These are a few snaps I took when I finished one of the samples. You can see that it has purse feet, magnetic snaps and d-rings in the straps. All that and a purse frame too means that there are LOADS of skills to learn in this one, along with all my tips and tricks for creating structure and a fine finish.

And if I ever get around to it, I'm going to make one with the straps on both sides. I think that would have a really natty 1940's utilitarian-glamour look...especially in a light wool or something like that. (I can never leave well-enough alone, me...)
 
 
  
 
This is the first sample I made while developing the pattern.  I think it looks cute in denim. I put an adjustable strap on it, so that I can use it hands-free. This was an easy modification, using snap hooks on the end of a long strap instead of joining the strap to the rings.
 
 
I've been watching all the classes coming up in the CreativeBug Facebook feed, and feel very inspired to make EVERYTHING. There are many free classes and for US$4.95 per month, you have access to 600+ more classes.  The free trial includes lifelong access to one class. 
 
 
 
In other great website news.  The lovely Ms Peppermint Penguin - a long-time follower and commenter on this little blog of mine, finally finished her website.  She's knitting and sewing and selling her wares. Go you, Ms Pengiun!!
 
 

3 comments:

A Peppermint Penguin said...

Thank you so much for the mention Nikki!

I've learned a lot from you over the years. Still want to be you when I grow up ;-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.